Director of Retail and Advice
4:20 PM Building your Branch Network in an Increasingly Cashless and Branchless World through Partnerships and Franchising
SNS Bank in the Netherlands is one of the largest people owned banks with a strong presence in the eastern and Southern parts of the country. They are in an expansion, focused on extending 200 branch network across the country. With most of the major banks closing their branches, SNS are in an usual position – as they continue to receive an unprecedented foot fall. They are moving away from being a branch to becoming a shop, a meeting place for their customers. This session will highlight how they have achieved this through:
- Forming partnerships with cafes and local charities to create a meeting place that their customers want to spend time in
- Transitioning to a cashless society: How to create a cashless shop
- Building your physical footprint using a franchising model: Discussing the benefits of working with independent entrepreneurs with extensive local knowledge
7:00 AM Creating a Cashless Digital Store to Attract more Customers: The Next Step in the Evolution of Branches
This session will investigate how branches need to evolve with digital channels becoming more popular and the growing trend towards cashless transactions.
Retail space is becoming increasingly expensive and its is time to evaluate new models that provide a meeting place for customers to learn about products and improve their relationship with the bank. It will discuss the impact of cost, security and the benefits of collaborating with other businesses.
- Creating a intimate space within your branch where customers can gather and learn about your products and services
- Understanding the impact on cost and security of a cashless store
- Collaborating with cafes and charities to create a comfortable space for your customers